Hey everyone,

I think that I can get Debian installed on my new Compaq DL 380 server by
creating a custom set of install floppies with a kernel that supports the
NIC, SCSI controller, and RAID controller on the server. It appears that
Potato has a package called 'boot-floppies' with a set of scripts designed
for building a custom install.

Not having a Potato system handy (mine are running Woody), I'm wondering if
it's possible to build a set of boot floppies for Potato on a Woody system
(my instinct is no). The solution presumably, then, would be to find an old
computer lying around, put potato on it, and build the custom floppies from
there.

Before I do any of this, however, I'd like someone to confirm for me that it
is indeed possible to put a custom kernel (perhaps even a 2.4.x kernel) on
these custom floppies.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/