I was wondering if any of you have tried using the latest KDE,
particularly using RPMs.

I have a RedHat 6.2 system at home, which came with KDE 1.1.  OK, I
tried to just freshen everything to install 2.01.  That didn't work.
Seems like the RPM packaging changed pretty substantially between
versions.

OK, so I painstakingly scraped the 1.1 RPMs off my system and
installed the 2.01 RPMs.  Everything was hunky-dory, and KDE seems
really good in the new version.

So, I was psyched to install 2.1.  But... ARGH!  As far as I can tell,
the RPM packaging has changed AGAIN!  Freshening doesn't work ---
there seem to be lots of files in the old kde-sound that have been
moved to the arts package, causing all kinds of havoc with the
dependencies.

Anyone else had these problems?  Anyone fixed them?

Thanks!