> 3. replace Debian stock kernel with custom kernel

If you mean, just copy the kernel image to the iso, then, no, you'll need
to do more than that, unless you just plan on compiling everything you need
into the kernel (which would seem easier).  If you goign to compile
everything you need as modules, then you'll need to copy the modules to the
iso, make a new initrd and copy that tp the ISO, modify lilo.conf on the
iso and somehow install the new lilo in the boot-block of the iso.

I may have left something out (likely, since I've never done anything like
this before :)  I'm sure others on the list have built custom install
images before.  Hell, they'd have to to boot of of ReiserFS and/or LVM
and/or GFS.  Where the hell is Idiot Ben when we need him!? ;)

Gabe
Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I know what you want!  You coveteth my ice cream bar!!"
				     - Commander Hoek (Ren) in "Space Madness"