On Fri, 2 Mar 2001 dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu wrote:

> If you can't install off the cdrom because it doesn't recognize some of your
> hardware, then there's a good chance that the kernel on the cdrom doesn't
> have any modules for your hardware.  If that's the case, then you'll have
> to make a custom cdrom.

OK, let's see if I've got this straight. I've never needed to get into this
particular area before.

1. take Debian CD iso and mount it using the loopback interface.
2. compile kernel on another machine with all the required modules
3. replace Debian stock kernel with custom kernel
4. unmount image
5. burn new CD

Is this close? If so, steps 1, 2, 4, 5 are no problem. It's step 3 that I'm
not sure about. Comments?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/