On my coyote linux box I don't have a good windows and didn't want to
deal with it.  So I was able to boot with FreeDOS (I just used their
install disk, since it had enough to boot with), reconfigure my 2
3c509's with the 3com driver and ever since then, my coyote firewall's
been working just fine.

In fact, it's been a lot easier to deal with my dsl since I got the
coyote working and could just have my desktop use the coyote dhcp.
Setting up the dual nics on my desktop was a pain in the butt, and I
was never confident I'd got it quite right....