On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Andy Zbikowski (Zibby) wrote:

> ID1 is always sda, ID2 always sdb, ID3 scd0, ID4 scd1, ID5 sdc, ID6 sdd.
> The only exception to the rule would be if I added a hard drive on device
> 0, that devices would start as sda, or if I attached the zip drive and not
> the mo drive, the Zip drive would then be sdc.

I think you meant this in the context of your system.  Jay is talking
about the logical/physical assignment of sda <-> [first drive found], when
what he wants is a static sda <-> [ID1 whether it's there or not].

The first way around it that I though of is to run VMS, but that's not
particularly useful.

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous