From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Andy Zbikowski
(Zibby)
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 9:17 AM
To: tclug
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] SCSI device ordering

What order are your SCSI ID's in? My hard drives are 1 and 2, cdroms 3 and
4, external MO is 5, Zip disk is 6.

ID1 is always sda, ID2 always sdb, ID3 scd0, ID4 scd1, ID5 sdc, ID6 sdd.
The only exception to the rule would be if I added a hard drive on device
0, that devices would start as sda, or if I attached the zip drive and not
the mo drive, the Zip drive would then be sdc.

Linux pretty much makes the assumption that if you're changing the scsi
chain you have the access needed to mount the drives and modify fstab.

Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977
http://www.ringworld.org  | PCS:  612.306.6055
They must not get baseball sized hail in Redmond.
If they did MS would have realized HailStorm is a
bad name for their new services.