Hi,

Quoting Colin Kilbane <colin at tyr.med.umn.edu>:

> then factor in shipping, at least 10 to 30 bucks and the fact that you
> get exceptional service right here in town, no RMA's no mailing anything
> anywhere.  It's a better deal in the end.

Ok, time to chime in...

First off, I like TranMicro too. They're much nicer and friendlier than GNS,
have a bettre presentation, and a nursary!

However, they do on occasion "pull a GNS", as I call it. For instance, I bought
a MBoard from them that was just NOT working right under Linux, but since it was
not physically broken they wanted to charge me a 15% restocking fee.

We worked around it, since they are open to negotiations, but still, it happens.
I did end up with a system I'm not 100% happy with (stuck with a Slot-A rather
than Socket-A).

-Yaron