This is more a GNU question than a linux question, but I figure this is the right crowd to ask anyway :>

I'm using GNU tools for porting a library to Solaris.  This means I'm using gcc to compile the code.  The clients who will be using this library are using the Solaris native compiler for their program which will be using my library.  Do you guys know of any issues that arise when two object files created by different compilers are linked?  Will the client's program and my library play nice together?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

P.S. just wanted to mention that if there is a meeting about netcat I'll show up since I had barely even heard of it before this last discussion and it sounds nifty. :>  So there's one vote.