peter.clark at tides.com wrote:

> All this talk of CPU heatsinks and whatnot reminded me that I wanted to get
> lm_snesors up and running. Having done so, I discovered that my Athlon 1.2
> was running at a consistent 50 degrees C, with a system temp of 39 degrees.
> I know Athlons are supposed to run hot, but 50? The chip isn't overclocked,
> either, in case you were running. Does anyone know where I can get specs
> for Athlon running temperatures? When is hot too hot?
>    :Peter

  Depends, is that with your CPU at Idle or pegged at 100% for awhile?
Actally just checked mine again now thats it's been running at various
loads for about 45 mins and it's at 45-46c and it's a warm humid
morning.
I did see a page or two of temps listed at some overclocking site once,
but it's been several months now.  I think it was someplace on the AMD
Zone.
  I was worried about this myself when I would let it run for days on
end
using Seti at home at 100%cpu.  Just checked again and mine is at 49c, so
sounds
like your probably in the ballpark.
RS