On Saturday 23 June 2001 11:21 pm, you wrote:
> All this talk of CPU heatsinks and whatnot reminded me that I wanted to get
> lm_snesors up and running. Having done so, I discovered that my Athlon 1.2
> was running at a consistent 50 degrees C, with a system temp of 39 degrees.
> I know Athlons are supposed to run hot, but 50? The chip isn't overclocked,
> either, in case you were running. Does anyone know where I can get specs
> for Athlon running temperatures? When is hot too hot?

Make sure you remembered to put thermal grease on the chip first. Also make
sure the fan is centered on the chip. Often times if the fans sits askew it
doesn't like to disapate heat as well. Keep the case lid on and extra fans.
The hot humid days effect componensts a good deal also. So, turn off the
computer and go to the beach.
--

deltree c:\windows /y