When I worked for Lutheran Brotherhood about three years ago, there
really wasn't any Unix that I know of.  It was all running IBM mainframe
OS390 on a 390 (now Z-series) mainframe.  Their network stations
consisted of NT4.0 boxes, and I believe right now they are doing a
migration to Win2k.  They did have a really ancient AS-400 system that
needed to be backed up nightly which failed quite often.

Of course, I was just an overnight computer room person.  I submitted
and monitored the jobs on the mainframe, printed out the statements and
did backups.  Nothing really techinical, but it was my first job in the
IT field and it was a foot in the door.

Now, as to AIX boxes...  What do you think runs on AIX boxes?  It's a
type of Unix just like HP, DEC/64, Solaris and so forth.  Unix is such a
generic term now days anyways.  Just because you can say that you know
"unix" doesn't mean the world.  They all have their own way of doing
things.  It's all in what you're used to of doing and comfortable with.
Same with Linux.