On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Simeon Johnston wrote:

> That sounds kinda cool.
> I've always wanted to dip my MB in some kind of liquid rubber and water
> proof it.

Well, if you ::really:: know where your water is coming from, absolutely
100% pure H_2O is an excellent dielectric and you could dip your mobo in
it without the rubber coating.  That's what they used for the dielectric
in the first stage capacitors of the PBFA2 (Particle Beam Fusion
Accelerator 2) at Sandia National Labs.  Now it's called the Z-machine,
but I think they still use 15-20' high tanks of water as really big plate
capacitors!

DISCLAIMER:  Unless you have more experience than I in laboratory
distilling methods (in which case you would have thought of it), it's
foolish to try, and I won't be liable for any negative outcomes, death,
destruction, dismemberment, acts of God or civil insurrection that result
from such actions.  But if it works well, then it was my idea.  :)

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous