Brad Timm wrote:

> LOL, I wish I could find the link.    I read a story about a guy with
> the same problem that used several cans of the compressed insulation and
> filled the case.  Stopped the noise, and the computer after a few hours.
> Never could pry out the foam to diag the problem...

That sounds kinda cool.
I've always wanted to dip my MB in some kind of liquid rubber and water
proof it.
That way you could still kinda cool it off.  Maybe I'll try it on some old
POS that can't be upgraded.
A Mac LC/Performa series would work great.
:-)

I have a case that does that.  The cover rattles when the cdrom starts
spinning.  I just duct taped the sides down across the bottom.  Fixed the
problem rite away but doesn't look to good.
:-)
You could put some packing foam (the thin rubbery kind) along the inside of
your case where the cover and frame connect (usually around where the cover
and face plate meet).  That would stop any rattling from the cover.  If you
do it right you shouldn't see it from the outside.
Also use some foam on the backside of the MB (the metal mounting plate
thingy) to push the case out from the frame.
If you don't want to use packing foam you could use a couple off layers of
duct tape.  Basically push the cover out so it is tight and won't move.

Tighten all the drives down.  Put all the screws in.

Nothing effectively applied mass quantities of duct tape can't handle. ;-)

HTH,
sim