I'm sorry ahead of time but sometimes I just can't help myself. When I hear
someone talking about how underfunded the education system is I just can't help it.

<WARNING BIG HONKIN RANT>

If I can beleive what I hear on the radio Minnesota will spend between 7 and 10
Billion (yeah that's a B) dollars on public education in the next two years.

http://www.pioneerplanet.com/reprints/052399skul.htm

Minneapolis spends $15,000 per school year per student.

Public funding for K-12 education increased 802 million dollars for the
2000-2001 budget.

http://www.finance.state.mn.us/bb/adptd00-01.html

In 2003 the U of M is slated to get nearly 1 billion in state funding, you can
get the PDF here:  (check out page B-89)

http://morefinance.state.mn.us/budget/operating/20022003/recommendedrequests/billhed.shtml

The average teacher makes $35K a year to start and after ten years can make $70K
a year, they have a 1200 hour work year.  ( I bet you work over 2000 hours in a
year.)

I wish I could be so underpaid.

</END OF BIG HONKIN RANT>

Sorry, sorry, sorry.