On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 01:00:57PM -0500, Spencer J Sinn wrote:
> <rant>
> IMHO, I think one of the weaker point os Llinux is not its viability as
> a desktop ala MS Office, but its lack of childrens games. My 4 year old
> daughter would be running Linux right now if there were more pre-school
> age games for the system.
> I realize that, product placement and marketing being what they are, my
> daughter will probably always pick Beauty and the Beast over Tux but in
> the long run, she will learn a lot more using Linux. If I knew anything
> about game developement, I am sure I would try to write a game or two...
> </rant>

There's more Linux stuff for kids out there than you might expect.
Take a look at www.linuxforkids.com for a list of some of the stuff
available.  <ObDebianPlug> Also take a look at Debian Jr. -
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-jr/ </ObDebianPlug>.

Sure there isn't as much polished software, but there's enough
so that you can at least let the kids use both sides of
a dual boot machine.

--
Jim Crumley                  |
crumley at fields.space.umn.edu |