There is no way to convert from ext2 to ReiserFS. The easiest way is to
start by installing on ReiserFS in the first place. Here is what I did:

3 Hard drives, 1 9gb scsi, 1 4.5 gb scsi, 1 10gb ide. The 9gb is my linux
drive, the 10gb ide is windows. the 4.5gb is my /opt drive (loki games,
star office, and storage space for cd-images mostly.) /opt wasn't
important, so I made it one big partition, mounted the drive to
/mnt/new-disk, cd /, and cp -a /bin /boot /dev /etc /initrd /lib /root
/sbin /tmp /usr /var, the key is leave out /proc. Leave out /dev if you
use devfs, leave out /tmp if you use tmpfs. I ommited home because the 4.5
gb didn't have enough space. Home was tared to my windows drive.

rebooted to the 4.5 gb disk, whiped, partitioned, and formatted the 9gb.
Repeated the cp command. Rebooted to the 9gb, restored /home, and I was
good to go.

If you don't have an extra hard drive look into cd-r, tape, or some other
form of backup. The most important part will be save /home and anything
you customized in /etc. Or just backup those two important things and
reinstall.

I haven't heard anything about corruption problems, and haven't
experienced any. I am happy that I don't have to wait for fsck if
something goes wrong and my box locks.

Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977
http://www.ringworld.org  | PCS:  612.306.6055
They must not get baseball sized hail in Redmond.
If they did they would have realized HailStorm is
a bad name for their new services.