On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 07:22:49AM -0500, andy at theasis.com wrote:
> > That is pretty interesting.  Microsoft, despite their claims, is using
> > GPL'd software.
>
> The article says M$ using FreeBSD. Not GPL.

That was my first thought as well, but Brian then went on to talk about
forged headers from apache (claiming to be IIS, perhaps?) and a version
of IIS 4.0 running on linux.  Those are definitely usages of GPLed code,
plus there's the possibility that the FreeBSD distribution includes some
GPLed utilities or libraries, though I don't know FreeBSD well enough
to comment on its actual purity; it could be 100% BSDL code or it could
be a mix.

--
That's not gibberish...  It's Linux. - Byers, The Lone Gunmen
Geek Code 3.12:  GCS d? s+: a C++ UL++++$ P++>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+