> Because I don't want to lug around something the size of a CD player.
> Unfortunetly I also want something with more than 64MB of RAM. And also I'd
> like ot pay under $300. I guess I'll wait a few years...

Probably not quite that long. When I was in Osaka, I wandered through the
Sony tower and saw that they've got 128M memory sticks (interchangeable
ram) for their little mp3 player. I also saw elsewhere a little Aiwa that
didn't have removable media, but held 128M and were pretty
compact. $400. Shoulda bought it, since I've not found that one here.
I'm betting about a year to get something reasonable for $300.

> In the meantime I did get my wife a Rio Volt (mp3 CDR player) which is pretty
> cool.

How much? AA batteries? I.e., is it the same size as the CD
walkmans?  I've considered those a bit too big 'n klunky. Maybe a minidisk
player.... hmmm.

For non-CD-R players, I'd like to see one that's easy to load up with new
songs through linux/usb. I've not yet sussed out which models can do that.

Andy