> > Joliet volume means you are just adding the info necessary to read it in
> > Winblows. Or is there something worse than that? 8)
>
> Well, since Windoze has absolutely NO problem WHATsoever reading
> RockRidge, why on Earth bother with Joliet? MS put it in so UNIX people
> won't be able to read their CDs... like that works.

Joliet does long (hah) filenames and unicode, and other such VFATish
stuff.

And by long filenames they mean ~64 characters, which is really really
gay.

I like to name my mp3's with nice long descriptive filenames like:

Best of Trance Vol1 - 08 - Jonathan Peters presents Luminaire - Flower
Duet '99 (Jonathan Peter's Club Mix).mp3

mkisofs has to cut the poor thing off, leaving the file without an .mp3
extention.

And there's a bit of a problem with NT (Both 4 and 2K) if the Joliet
filename ends up being cut and manages to leave a space on the end, you
can't seem to access it in any way. You're screwed.

One of these days I'll patch mkisofs to at least not leave a space on
the end, and maybe chop from the left not the right...

Near as I've seen windows won't read RockRidge. I just see the ISO
filenames, in all their BLAH0001.MP3 glory.

I hate you microsoft. Die. Burn in hell.

Hmmm, how does one master a UDF filesystem... It damn well better be
less gay under microsoft operating systems...