Hi,

> > Just kinda curious, but how can I build a bootable floppy that will
load
> > nic drivers then run a firewall script. I would like to make the
floopy
> > write protected so if some one did compromise my system all i would
have
> > to do is reboot to close the hack. I am sure if I just put a little
more
> > thought into this I could figure it out, but its late and I am not
> > thinking very clearly.

This already exists; it is called floppyfw and it is both reliable and
stable.

http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/

By the way... floppy disks are not all that unreliable.. the
microcomputing world pretty much ran on them for a decade, and they seemed
to hold up just fine, even the 5-1/4 media. However, I will give you this
much: the 3.5" floppy disks mass-produced in the last few years, and
frequently sold by the 50 pack for $10 are worth what you pay for them;
that is, virtually nothing.
Buy a quality media, run it in a clean, maintained drive, and reliability
can be quite acceptable.

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-