> When I time comes that I have money again (ha ha ha) I am planning to
> purchase
> a Dell Inspirion model.  Saw someone had one of those (model
> 7500?) at a

We buy ALOT of dell laptops, and the general consensus among the people who
have them is that they suck.  We have had alot of random problems with
hardware failures that required us to send them back to Dell.  The sony's we
have seem to work quite well, but if you drop them once they're done for,
and linux support for them isn't that great depending on what model you
have.  Personally, I'd go with the HP Omnibook 500, I've never used or seen
a nicer laptop.

Check out the HP before you buy anything, you'll fall in love with it.  Make
sure it's the Omnibook 500 though, the other Omnibooks are kinda big and
"brickish".