The HP Omnibook 500 series is probably the sweetest laptop I've ever used.
Generally I think HP makes crap, but the Omnibook 500 (it's a slimtop) is
one excellent piece of work.  Linux installs and runs perfectly on it, even
the sound and onboard nic works.

Someone was selling some refurbs on ebay awhile back that went for $799 each
(PIII 500 w/ 7.5GB drive).  Oh yeah, and the best part....  It has blue leds
on it for the hard drive light, and the caps and numlock.

Jay