I you sure about the compact disks? Last time I tried booting with it I
had no SCSI support what so ever. The compact disks are what you need to
get a system with common hardware installed.

Using the CD is your best bet, the kernel there should have everything.

If you check the installation instructions (
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html )

you may notice the link on how to replace the rescue floppy kernel.
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-boot-floppy-techinfo.en.html#s-rescue-replace-kernel

Lastly you can try the extra modules for your hardware option durring the
installer, but I don't think that will work when the extra module is for
your hard disk controller, and I can't find the documentation for that...

| Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977 |
| http://www.ringworld.org  | Work: 763.428.9119 |
| http://www.itouthouse.com | PCS:  612.306.6055 |
|   Sinclair: "No boom?" Garibaldi: "No boom."   |
|     Ivanova: "No boom today. Boom tomorrow.    |
|             Always a boom tomorrow."           |