On Tue, 12 Jun 2001  wrote:
> Hello,
> Im setting up a new server at work.  I can not get debian to install and I
> have found little documentation on making a set of install floppies with the
> driver for the adaptec card? Anybody have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael J. Mimbach II
> michael at mimbach.com
> Senior RF/Network Engineer

You might want to check out the "compact" installation diskette images:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/2.2.23-2001-04-15/images-1.44/compact/

The kernel on the "compact" diskettes includes support for a variety of
RAID controllers.  I recently  used them to install debian on an old
Compaq Proliant with SMART disk array controller.

Joel

---
defenestrate   tr. v.   To throw out of a window.