On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Al Borchers wrote:

> Let me slap a copyright and GPL license on them I will send them out to you.

Cool.

> No scaling (I wanted to add utilities to do that but we did not need them for
> our project back then).  Just a linear slop to fade or cross-fade from one
> clip to the next.  (What curve is best for a fade--an S curve that is smooth
> and flat at each end?)

That's a good start.  There are several different kinds, each with their
own merits.  For general purpose use, a (cos x + 1)/2 envelope -- with
fade start at t=0 and set the desired endpoint to be Pi/2.  Then
interpolate your sample points and VIOLA!, a nice smooth S-curve, smooth
and flat at each end.  (And the derivatives are continuous and zero at the
endpoints too!  The ear will catch discontinuities in the derivatives of
that sort of thing _real_ fast.)

> This only supports RIFF/WAVE PCM format.  Hope that is what you need.  I don't
> know about all the different audio file formats.

There are utils for conversion.  Same concept -- the punctuation just
changes.  There are more fun things to write, eh?

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous