> From: Phil Mendelsohn <mend0070 at tc.umn.edu>
> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Al Borchers wrote:
> > Two years ago I wrote some command line tools for editing RIFF/WAV files.
> > You can mix, fade, silence fill, and chop files.
>
> Hey, that's fun -- I might like to peek at 'em too, if it weren't a
> problem.  Did you scale things before mixing, or just do it quick and
> dirty?  How adjustable is the envelope on fades, or did you just do a
> linear slope?
>
> From: "Miller, John" <JMiller2 at dainrauscher.com>
> I would also be interested in them.

Let me slap a copyright and GPL license on them I will send them out to you.

No scaling (I wanted to add utilities to do that but we did not need them for
our project back then).  Just a linear slop to fade or cross-fade from one
clip to the next.  (What curve is best for a fade--an S curve that is smooth
and flat at each end?)

This only supports RIFF/WAVE PCM format.  Hope that is what you need.  I don't
know about all the different audio file formats.

-- Al