Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Dan Drake wrote:
>
> >   So, after the quick & useful help on getting my burner working, I'm
> > making a mix CD. I need a WAV editor for some simple trimming and
> > fade-[in|out]s. Any suggestions? If possible, I'd like something I just
> > apt-get to my Debian box. :)
>
> I like snd, but it's *way* too much for what you want.
>
> Try http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound/ for a big pile of stuff to
> look at.  HTH

Snd is quite nifty. Haven't played with it a whole lot, its UI is a bit
different, its much better than the usual. The zoom sliders are such an
intelligent way to handle zoom, plus it does zoom in the amplitude
domain, not just time...

Last I checked it was the only WAV editor for X that was even remotely
usable for editing CD tracks. Namely, having at least minimal
functionality and doesn't try to load an entire 600mb wav into RAM...

And I can't get to that site. Bah.