I'm tinkering around with VMware, running Win98 inside of a virtual
machine for a few odds and ends.  Well, the machine I'm running this on is
not well suited to be doing this, and Vmware sometimes crashes if I ask
too much from Windows.  The problem is that when VMware crashes, a lot
comes with it.  Xwindows (4.0.x) crashes, and oddly enough, my GATEWAY
machine loses its conencton to the internet.  I've got a linux box acting
as a router on my cable modem.  The only way to re-establish the internet
connection is to COLD boot the linux box and reset the cable modem.  Any
ideas why this happens?

TIA,
Brian