Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Peter Clark wrote:
>
> >    I just heard through the grapevine that the Installfest for June
> > 16th has been cancelled because the meeting room is unavailable? Is
> > this true? Has there been a change of date/location?
>
> The gent at Benchmark who has been coming in to do setup and tear down is
> leaving for another job, and won't be there.  Clay said that we should
> probably postpone.  If you (or anyone else) knows a hall we could get for
> free, e-mail Clay.

Phil is right. We are trying to whip up plan B, but it isn't looking too
good. I will probably update the webpage today and send out an
announcement. :-(

> The trouble with postponing is that it pushes us back toward th 4th of
> July.  While I think a LUG 4th of July BBQ / Installfest somewhere would
> be really nifty -- we could sign a Declaration of Independence from
> Microsoft and have the (Boston) 10baseT-party -- it's likely to interfere
> with some folks real lives.
>
> Jacque and Clay, sorry if I'm starting to encroach upon your turf.

The "UG" in TCLUG means Users Group. To me that means everyone in the
group owns the turf. Heck, if someone wanted to take over my
responsibilities, all they have to do is ask.