I've been listening to Fresh Air on and off for over 15 years. (I used to
live/work in south NJ and WHYY was our local NPR station.)  I've heard Terry
Gross interview scientists and other "geeky" types with little difference
from her other interviews. Not having read Linus' book I'll guess that her
questions were derived from what was talked about in the book. Like a lot of
people (especially in the US) she probably has trouble wrapping her brain
around doing something as substantial as Linux but not for the money.

I liked the points about IBM.  These are the ideas that will help Linux move
into more corporations, which in turn will move it on to more desktops at
home.

My .02
Jack