Yaron speaketh:
> Anyone here get some of those PNY-labelled CD-Rs when they were like $5
> for a spindle of 50? And if so... are you getting EXTREMELY large amounts
> of failed burns on them?
> So fat I've tried like 15 and only 5 have worked!

John Miller added:
> I bought a spindle and had about a 50% success rate with them.

What speed are you burning at?  I've got the PNY's at home and burned at
4x I have yet to burn a coaster.  I haven't tried fitting 700 MB on yet,
so I maybe it has problems I haven't encountered yet.

The flaky reflective stuff is the reason I don't store anything important
on them.  I got what I paid for... a disposable CDR.  They work great for
burning linux ISOs and stuff for short term use.  Generally I don't like
to keep ISOs around for two long because I'd rather have a disc with the
latest packages and patches so I don't have to dig after installing.  The
discs I really like (and I can't always find) are the paper-covered
discs.. I feel MUCH safer storing stuff on them because the reflective
stuff won't chip off, you have to intentionally peel the sticker off.

-Brian