"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

> My biggest problem with the PNY CDRs is that occassionaly you will find that
> the "silver" label on top flakes off.  The flakes even show up in the CDRW
> drive.  No good.  Once a scratch forms on the label, it can peel off from
> there.

Try putting a sticker label on them.  Cheap CD's fail alot because of the lack
of solid backing.  Kinda like looking into a mirror without the reflective
backing.

You can get a CD labeler i.e. a bunch of stickers that you can print on, and
they might not be a complete waiste.  You should label them befor burning
though.  That might help.  Or just stick some tape on the damn thing and see
how it works.
:-)
Since there so cheap I would just chuck them or use them for something that
isn't important.

Tip - If you can see light through the CD it's not worth buying and will cause
you trouble.  If the backing flakes off it will definetely cause you trouble.

sim