On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> My biggest problem with the PNY CDRs is that occassionaly you will find that
> the "silver" label on top flakes off.  The flakes even show up in the CDRW
> drive.  No good.  Once a scratch forms on the label, it can peel off from
> there.

It's worse than that.  If you mean that if flakes off so that you can see
through the little hole if you hold it up to the light, that's because the
silver label isn't a label -- it's the reflective layer the disc needs to
work properly.

I don't know who makes the discs for PNY, buy it's not Taiyo-Yuden --
that's who I used to use (Sony discs are T-Y).  Unfortunately, they're
never that cheap. :(

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous