it goes thru your system and has a check list of things to check based on
your version of RH or mandrake... it will attempt to "harden" it by making
various things more secure, while attempting to educate the user on what
it is doing and why.

For example, it will walk you thru a firewall config if you dont have one,
it will walk you thru chroot'n BIND if you want, it asks if you want to
remove various deamons on startup, wants to remove the sUID root on
several things, if you want to restrict cron and other things to root,
implements more logging (changes syslog conf), something about running FTP
in passie mode i think.. it will create an undo script and a very verbose
log of the things it did.  It doesnt do anything you cant do by hd.  I am
running it on my server.  One other thing that it does, is create a tmp
dir for each user for each session in /tmp to isolate your temp files from
others.  The guy who writes it is semi-responsive to email.  The final 1.2
release schedule has been "just a few more days" for the last month or
so.

--
duncan shannon
duncan at sodatrain.com