> I don't know..  I'm not sure if the Itanium can execute 32-bit code or
> not.  Microsoft probably should have an emulation layer for 32-bit
> applications.  If you want to go back to 16-bit, port DOSEmu or something
> ;-)

it can, albeit *really* slowly. some PC hardware site got their hands on one
for a little bit, and they say it runs 32-bit code about as fast as a
486/low-end Pentium.

it should be pointed out that the IA-64 processors out there right now, are
basically just for software development... they haven't been optimized for
speed yet.  it'll still be a couple of processor revisions before they'll be
ready to compete with the K7s and P4s, for daily use.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises