On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

> Another case where they step on their own toes.  I was lucky enough to
> have read all of Cisco's stuff before I needed to resolve anything with
> Qworts.  (I like that typo; I'll leave it.)  Truth is, you aren't really
> as reliant on only Qwest as they lead you to believe.

I like the typo, but out of context it may not work well.  I may have to
sneak that one in from time to time :-)

When it comes to being reliant on Qworst, I agree that they're not really
needed for this stuff.  The modem is a piece of Cisco hardware running
Cisco firmware running Cisco's OS, so Qworst shouldn't be in the picture
at all.  Right?  Well.. kinda...

About a week ago I noticed that CBOS 2.4.2 was out.  I e-mailed
tac at cisco.com and they told me to download it from QWORST!!!  I couldn't
believe it!  What company writes an OS and then only distributes it
through 3rd parties?  Anyway, you need a Qworst.net account to download
it and I don't have one of those (nor do I want one).  If anyone here has
a qowrst.net account you can download CBOS 2.4.2 at:

https://www.qwest.net/tools/ppp/cbos

-Brian