On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Bill Layer wrote:

> AFAIK, the CBOS issue with CAP/DMT is that you need to have CBOS later
> than a certain rev. to support the DMT firmware.. I do not believe that
> there are different versions for CAP/DMT. IF this is wrong, I would surely
> like to be told!

No, it appears that you're correct.  Sorry for the red herring; what I saw
was not related to the file to download, but rather the status to look for
when you're done.

> And yes, the 678 can be changed from CAP to DMT and vice-versa through
> a tftp firmware change.

That wasn't a question; I changed it to see if it stopped working and put
it back to see if it worked again.  But then I'm the kind of guy that
takes Christmas presents apart before playing with them. <g>

> Qwest is unaware of this, as they send yo a new modem if you get one
> with the wrong firmware. Surprise, surprise...

Another case where they step on their own toes.  I was lucky enough to
have read all of Cisco's stuff before I needed to resolve anything with
Qworts.  (I like that typo; I'll leave it.)  Truth is, you aren't really
as reliant on only Qwest as they lead you to believe.

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous