Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Shawn wrote:
>
>>Nah, it really sucks when you have to try and fix them.  Particularly
>>when it involves power windows and Cadillacs....
>>

>You mean Carl's, or like the pneumatic power windows on the '59 (or
>so) limos?

I was referring to Carl's particular situation with his car.  But, being
the former grease monkey that I am, nearly all power windows suck to try
and fix.

Someone at work asked me if I ever wanted to sit down with a bunch of
engineers and ask why they design computers the way they do (meaning
layout configurations in the cases/towers).  My response was: "Nah,
computers are simple.  I'd really like to sit down and watch the
engineers who design today's cars try and work on them."

I thought I heard mention somewhere that they might be putting Linux
into the on-board computers of cars.  Anyone have some confimation on this?

Shawn