On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 09:13:38AM -0500, David S. Cargo wrote:

> Ultimately what I want is for my linux box to use DHCP to get an interface
> address from the Cisco 678 connecting me to my DSL line.

Oh, no! Somebody stop him! 8)

Gee, man, you don't _NEED_ DHCP if you have a couple of computers and a router.

Use static addresses: I have four computers that I insert/delete/update parts
fairly often but I've given them IP's a year ago and I did not have any
reason to change them.

And I don't have an internal DNS either - I've put one for proxy because
the Qwest one looks like is running on Windows95 on a 386...

florin

--

"If it's not broken, is because you are not fixing it enough."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4