Hello,

I have a Sparc IPX with a funky serial port. I have the SUN adapter from that
round port to a 25 pin female connector.

I also have a 9 pin female to 25 pin male serial cable and I try to connect the
serial port of the Sparc to a serial port of a PC. Problem is, is doesn't work.

Somebody told me that I need a "null modem cable". I have saw in Best Buy/Compusa only "modem cables", "direct pc connection cables" and "switchbox cables". No "Sparc/PC cables" though :(.

What kind of cable should I get?

Thanks,
florin

--

"If it's not broken, is because you are not fixing it enough."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4