There are going to be meetings the next few days in Duluth to consider
economic development opportunities in outstate Minnesota. The meeting is
of, by, and for bureaucrats, with people like me invited to fill some
seats and clap. Here's a link.

http://www.regionalpartnerships.umn.edu/

However, we need people with skills, like the Linux community. The world
is going over to Linux and Minnesota needs a crash skills development
effort.

I pushed IT optics in the early 80's and am now pushing hay crop
agriculture and fuel cells in rural areas. These bureaucrats fight
progress while they promise it, and they can get you down. But the tax
structure has shifted to again favor the productive sector. Such an
investment climate was developed by Ronald Reagan in the early 80's to
foster the internet (not Al Gore). Linux experts should introduce their
issue and not allow these bureaucrats to define the technology.
Bureaucrats love defining others. Minnesota needs your Linux skills to
stay in the global economy.

Don't be surprised, though, if your good idea becomes their good idea.