I've been running a Diamod v770 Ultra on my K6-2 box for along time. No
problem. (Using a Fic 2013 or a Epox board.)

With the K62 and 3 there are very important things to consider for a
stable box:
300 watt power supply. Anything else just doesn't cut it.
Proper cooling. Thermal greese, intake and exaust fans...
chipset. Only a Via chipset will do. If it's ALI, SiS, other, run the
other way, fast!

When I went to an Athlon system my v770 continued to work, no problems.
But, it has been replaced with a GeForce3 now. ;)

The problem I always had was heat. Once I got that taken care of, the box
was solid.

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
"We can learn much more from wise words, little
from wisecracks and less from wise guys."
--William Arthur Ward