On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 01:37:43PM -0500, Simeon Johnston wrote:
> http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=01/07/20/1228200&mode=nocomment
>
> Alan Cox resigns from Usenix.
>
> http://www.2600.com/news/display.shtml?id=593
>
> Dmitry Sklyarov arrested for violating the DMCA.  What's the DMCA?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand much of this....  But WTF,

Well, the DMCA is the Digital Millenium Copyright Act which
was passed a few years ago, and greatly tilts copyrights (among
other things) in the favor of big corps.

For a good discussion of this situation and the DMCA see:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/602444.asp?0si=-&cp1=1

And for more coverage slashdot:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/07/20/1332227&mode=nested

Also, it looks like a slashdot reader is trying to organize
a Free Dmitri protest  Monday 11-1 at the Saint Paul Federal
Courthouse at 316 N Robert Street downtown.

--
Jim Crumley                  |
crumley at fields.space.umn.edu |