On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 04:25:22PM -0500, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> > Why not also/instead get a cf2ide adapter? I got one and I intend to
> > play a little with, that and a pc104 motherboard booting of a 32mb CF
> > card, sounds like a fun weekend project!
>
> where do you get one of these adapters? is there a version that mounts in a
> 3.5" drive bay?
> ought to beat the crap out of floppies. :)

I had a hard time actually finding a place that would respond to my
queries.

What I would have liked: <http://www.dmd.it/epage/ecfide.htm> (I like
the eject button)

What I ended up with:
<http://www.esskabel.de/English-Site/products/adapters/CompactFlash/CompactFlash-Main.htm>

Since they were they only ones that responded to my inquiries and had a
resonable price.

There's no version that would let you mount it in a bay, but it should
be pretty easy modyfing maybe an old 3.5" drive to fit it in.

Pricing: around $20/piece (+some shipping), but they didn't accept CC's,
so I had to transfer money to their account in Germany.

There is some electronics place online here in the states that sell them
(CFII version only though), but I can't remember their name and it's
quite horrible searching for it (loads of hits on "compact flash ide" on
google).

Ah, there it was: http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/Fcfa.html

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>