I had a problem with being inundated with SPAM for a week or so before
finding out something to do - I traced the email back to the access point
and sent an email to abuse@<accessprovidersdomain.whatever>. I included
the full email along with the headers, and whatever information I used to
trace it to that access provider - within a day I stopped receiving 99% of
the spam I'd been receiving - most of them were coming from uu.net at that
point in time.

Liz