From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Andrew Nemchenko
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 5:13 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] decent SPAM? (OT)

Lately I've been getting messages from paid4survey.net offering me free
gifts if
I take their surveys. I'm not sure how they found me but all of that is not
the
point. The point that I'm trying to make is that at the bottom of the
message
there is a small link which you can click to get removed from their list. I
was
surprised to see that the link was not to a non existing email address but
rather to a web site where I chose the un subscribe option. Then it
apologized
for the inconvenience and told me that I was removed. Just to double check I
clicked on the same link again, and was told that I could not be un
subscribed
because no such account existed. I was so surprised to see a spam list that
was able to un subscribe from that I just had to write about it. Perhaps if
other lists were like this then it would not be so bad.