Timothy Wilson writes:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Matt Wagner wrote:
>
> > When I'm working with the management interface it seems to just
> > timeout -- eg. things just stop working, and the mozilla progress bar
> > just keeps twirling, as if it's trying to contact the [Z]server.
> >
> > This only happens with Mozilla. While this will be happening, I'll
> > fire-up Netscape 4 (4.77 to be exact), and access the management
> > interface without problem. So it's something with mozilla, the
> > [Z]server is perfect.
>
> Hmmm... I don't believe I've ever seen the behavior you're describing. Have
> you tried the latest daily build of Mozilla? I was using a daily build from
> about a week ago during the Zope demos.

Weird.

I just updated to the latest mozilla build, but still the same thing
happens. :(

I've also determined that it only occurs when I have two mozilla
windows open -- one for the management interface, and one looking at
the public side of the Zope site.

(note, these won't work for you... firewall)

So window #1 is viewing:

   http://evoq.mwagner.org:8080/testsite/

And window #2 is viewing:

   http://evoq.mwagner.org:8080/manage

And boom, everything concerning Zope will do this timeout
thing. Mozilla just spins and spins, never completing the new page
request. I can go to other websites, and everything works fine. But I
cannot view any 'evoq.mwagner.org:8080' based site (Zope). I have to
restart mozilla to access Zope again.

I also tried starting two instances of Mozilla (instead of a second
child window), but the same thing happens.

I *can* have a second child window open, browsing the rest of the
net without problems. The problem happens as soon as the second window
views my Zope site, with the first window already monkeying inside the
Zope management interface.

Actually, even just two mozilla windows trying to access just the
public side (no management interface monkeying) of the Zope site will
cause this. Weird.

I think it may have something to do with Mozilla's caching. My cache
settings are:

  Memory Cache: 20000
  Disk Cache:   50000

 Compare the page in the cache to the page on the network:

   * Every time I view the page  (my selection)
   o Automatically
   o Once per session
   o Never

Can you verify that these cache settings work correctly (or incorrectly)
for you?

What mozilla cache settings do you have?

Can anybody else reading this thread verify this phenomenon?

    Matt

--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/