On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Dave Sherman wrote:

> Actually, NT bastardized IBM's OS/2. Maybe OS/2 bastardized Unix, but I
> have my doubts.

I'm a tad too much on the outside of the OS/2 circle but what I remember
from v2 and v3 is that it was more like bastardizing DOS, but since I'm
way too young to remember which was first I might be totally off on
that.  Let the truth be known... OS/2 beat MS to the 32 bit OS by a LONG
shot.  MS was just pissed when they found out they were actually
developing for the competition :-)

What REALLY makes me sick is all the people (some of which I work for) are
ooohing and ahhhing at this cool "enhanced security" at the workstation
level in Windows 2000.  I look at it and think "wow... it REALLY took MS
35 years to figure this out?".  Sorry all you NT admins, your "New
Technology" is 35 years old.  It's called UNIX.  And it rocks. :-)