On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Dan Drake wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 09:13:58PM -0500, Timothy Wilson wrote:
> > Can anyone say for sure whether I'll be able to plug in my laptop in the
> > meeting room and get on the Internet? Will there be a DHCP server somewhere
> > that will give me an IP address?
>
>   Many lecture halls have tables in front of the chalkboard with a little
> network hookup. It does DHCP, but you might need to be registered with the
> correct U computer authorities to get it to work.

Darn it, I can't make it.  I could loan you a PCMCIA NIC that is
registered with ADCS (you'd need to have an X.500 ID before you can).

> The math building has a couple rooms like that, and I imagine in the CS
> building is similar. Some sort of network connectivity could probably be
> finagled.

The question is whether CS 3-180 is under ADCS or whether CS has it's own
DHCP server.  Actually, Ben Kochie might know, 'cause the IMA schedules a
lot of stuff in 3-180, IIRC.  Ben, are you there?

Tim, is there a chance that you can put some of this stuff on either
mn-linux or tczpug web sites (that you present Sat?)  I am very interested
in Zope, but the documentation/Web site starts off in buzzword hell and no
one has seemingly bothered to say "Here's what Zope does different than
CGI and a web server."  Sorry if  I'm just being dense; I admit my eyes
glaze over the first time someone says "object" in anything related to
software. ;)

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous